Are you a multi-tasker? The HAL headline giftmarker
to the edge of your palm but not over it, you're built better than
the rest of us for multi-tasking. Still it doesn't mean
this good for you!
(See my newsletter or blog on the dangers of multitasking titled:
Are you trying to cook this and read your dinner at the same time? )
What is a HAL headline?
This is a gift marker first identified by Richard Unger of the International Institute of Hand Analysis.
Unger named this headline after Hal 9000, the super computer in the movie, “2001:
A Space Odyssey”.
This marker indicates special multi-tasking capabilities, an octopus-like brain: Analytical, data collecting and very resourceful.
If this is you, you need a big, complex job to keep your brain busy . Like the computer called HAL, you need many problem solving situations and lots of mental stimulation to to stay happy, otherwise boredom kicks in and you risk self destructing.
Most people under 42 who have this marker are still in the "shadow side" of this gift marker: under employment leads to boredom and dissatisfaction which in turn leads to creating tangled webs in relationships to keep your mind occupied.
* What to do if you have this marker?
* Learn to trust your brain’s enormous capacity and your unique problem solving
* Don’t underplay, underestimate or under utilize this capacity or your need for
* Don’t try to lessen yourself to keep others happy. In the end your unhappiness
will affect everyone around you.
* Use your gift or risk self destructing by creating problems that don’t exist.
Have you found this blog useful? Leave your comments below.